Adviser, Health and Safety Systems, Department of Corrections
The Department of Corrections are looking for an Adviser to join their Health and Safety Team based in the Wellington.
As the Advisor, Health and Safety Systems this role coordinates, supports and participates in activities and work that shape our strategic approach to improving health and safety. This includes leading the testing of Safety and Wellbeing policies, frameworks, processes, improvement initiatives and resources under development.
To be successful, in this role you will need the following key skills and experience some of which include:
- Exposure to the development of health and safety management systems together with an understanding of common trade-offs, risks, and competing priorities
- Knowledge of the key issues and emerging trends in occupational health, safety and wellbeing
- An understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and associated legislation
- The demonstrable ability to define problems and to apply creativity and logic to the development of policy, process, and guidance options
- The ability to communicate programme information using language appropriate to the audience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in health and safety and ideally a member of a professional health and safety body, such as IOSH, NZISM and/or HASANZ
The salary banding for this role is from $66,411 to $93,756 gross p.a. depending on skills and experience.
For more information or to apply go to www.corrections.govt.nz(external link). If you have any specific questions or queries about this role please contact Carly Apps, Senior Specialist Recruitment Adviser on email@example.com
Applications will on close on Sunday 13th March.